Monday, March 14, 2016

Brillientrée?? I think yes.

It's currently 12:06 A.M. and I cannot fall asleep, so I decided to start brainstorming titles for my magazine. I wanted it to be something that can tie back to my name because I want it my magazine to be personal. Luckily, my last name is Brilliant so I was able to play with words to get what I want with a title. Just 20 minutes ago it hit me- BRILLIENTRÉE!!!!!!!! Since my magazine is on food, I mixed my last name and the word entree together to establish a "Brilliant" magazine. I've been looking at how I want to make my masthead appealing to my audience and I thought that the cursive and bold font that the Gourmet magazine does their special editions was something I will definitely consider for mine. The contrast between the magazine name and the bold text of the title "comfort" helps establish to the reader what the main focus of the edition is about. I want my readers to instantly know what the Thanksgiving edition is about with the first words they read.

























 
"Gourmet Comfort Special Edition Magazine." : Food Cooking : Gourmet.com. Web. 10 Apr. 2016. 

1 comment:

  1. BRILLIENTRÉE is honestly the perfect name. It is so creative and I love it. I'm getting excited for you, Brilliant ;). The greatest ideas come at night as your mind wanders in bed. I like the sample of the magazine provided. I wonder if you will use the same exact font or if you will mix it up a bit to make it different. Keep in mind that size and color is crucial. Have you thought about that yet? You should elaborate but this is a great start. "TURKEY TIME" will immediately draw every American's attention during the holiday season.

    ReplyDelete