Monday, March 14, 2016

Hands Up For Friendsgiving!!!

After establishing what I want to provide to my readers, I've decided that my target audience is young adults in their early twenties and mid thirties. I chose this range of people because they are beginning to establish their own lives and traditions that they will then carry on to their families once they create them. Many people this age are in graduate school/ college/ fresh out of college, and would for sure be willing to try out new traditions for the Thanksgiving holiday that my magazine will offer. My target audience will also be starting their young lives away from their friends out of college, or seeing their high school friends and Friendsgiving will be a way to maintain long distance relationships according to The Daily Beast. With that being said, I want to make my cover image of hands painted differently (like turkey feathers) reaching out to grab a piece of stereotypical thanksgiving foods.

I believe this will establish my focus on Friendsgiving and a more casual way to celebrate the holiday. My main focus for the cover is to draw in an audience through lists and fun ideas for Thanksgiving. For example, the cover will discuss low cost ways to dine out for the holidays while still having quality meals and give alternative ways to have a holiday dinner at home with friends that will be inexpensive for a college/ young adult's budget. 



 Shire, Emily. The Daily Beast. Newsweek/Daily Beast. Web. 10 Apr. 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment