Sunday, March 27, 2016

Brillientrees guide to a successful friends giving? oh yes.

In my last post I talked about how I met someone in California who was able to give me some tips on my food magazine.

 His name is Anthony Ditton and he helped create the Connoisseurs Guide Publishing. He just should be emailing me some more examples of his work that I can post on here, but for now I only have a few examples that I took pictures of during our little meeting. He gave me some great ideas to add into my project. For instance, he showed me a page in the Connoisseurs guide that provided information on different types of foods from restaurants that have the best to offer.

I want to incorporate this idea into my magazine by finding out which restaurants serve the best desserts, turkeys, side dishes, cheeses, etc. at reasonable price for people to take to their Friendsgiving dinner. I would also make this something that my magazine has in every issue because many people are indecisive and need a source they can trust will lead them to the best foods. Specifically in this issue, I want to base it off specific foods for the holiday that people can buy for their gatherings. I am currently working on finding a restaurant that will be able to create a mock thanksgiving dinner for me for my double page spread right. I had hoped that I would have already figured out what restaurant will create a full course meal for me, but I have not found one yet. This has created a small set back for me but I am sure I'll know what restaurant ill be covering for the spread within the next few days! So far I am really excited about all of these ideas for the magazine!!!!1 #Brillientree !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love how enthusiastic you are about your project, and I really enjoy your creative ideas as well as your title, which I thought was extremely smart and fun.

    I am a bit scared for you since I am also creating a magazine and am full aware of the importance of the pictures, so I hope that you can find a restaurant soon enough willing to provide a sample thanksgiving dinner. (I'm experienced with asking restaurant managers for help and they are extremely slow and sometimes unwilling.) However, I feel like you will be able to get the pictures by the end of next week; I advise you to begin working on other aspects of your magazine, like your table of contents, the layout, and the writing aspect for your articles. That way, once your restaurant gets back to you, you'll already have some work done. Other than that, amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete