Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Lucille's American Cafe

For my double page spread, I previously talked about how I decided to create an article on places where people can dine out for Thanksgiving. I did some research on a website called Yelp, which has pictures, reviews, and menus on restaurants all around the world. BTW, I totally recommend the website, it's super informative and they have an app for iPhones and Androids as well. During my research on this site, I read the menu Lucille's American Cafe offers and knew it was the perfect restaurant. Lucille's is an all-American restaurant that has chicken pot pie, sweet potatoes, turkey meals, mac n cheese, blueberry pie, and more! I definitely hit the jack pot when it came to what restaurant I was going to write about. Yesterday, I went into the restaurant in hopes of scheduling a date I could meet with the manager or owner and talk about what my project entails and set up a date I can come in to create a mock Thanksgiving meal. I was unsuccessful in talking to him, but I got his email and explained the situation. Hopefully, he is willing to help me during this project creating this meal for me. I know many of the foods at the restaurant are already perfect for the dinner, so worst case scenario I will have to work with the menu and take all of the food to go. In that case, I would probably change the idea of the article to be places you can food for the holiday for pick up. I really really really can't wait for the owner to reply and hear what he has to say. (crossing my fingers)







 "Lucille's American Cafe - Weston, FL." Yelp. Web. 30 Mar. 2016.  

No comments:

Post a Comment