Tuesday, April 5, 2016

PIE DAY!


Today was the last final thing I had to do before I can continue my journey through magazine lay out etc. Before I begin talking about the pictures I took, I want to remind you guys about the idea I had on painting the hands in my front cover to look like turkeys! So, I went out and got my pie from Lucille's cafe that was FINALLY ready, and picked up some paint. When she got home from school, the photoshoot began: Me vs. Blueberry pie. Let me just say, it is very hard to get a good picture of a pie at a high angle because you can't see the inside of it. I've been looking through my pictures, and I'm not sure I'm going to end up using one with the painted hand in it. I realized that it was an interesting artistic approach, but food should definitely stay FAR away from paint, and they didn't come out as cool as I thought. In my newspaper class, there is photoshop on the computers so I've been using that software to help cut out pictures of the food I took for my double page spread. During the pie photoshoot, I was not satisfied with any of the tables in my house, so I plan to go somewhere with wooden tables, and edit my pie cut outs onto it. However, if it does not look realistic, then I will keep the original background, granite. Here are some shots that I took today, including my sisters hands from the paint:

No comments:

Post a Comment